Chemistry Practical Workshop
Practical work carried out throughout the course will enable students to develop the following skills.
a) Independent thinking
- apply investigative approaches and methods to practical work
b) Use and apply scientific methods and practices
- safely and correctly use a range of practical equipment and materials
- follow written instructions
- make and record observations
- keep appropriate records of experimental activities
- present information and data in a scientific way
- use appropriate software and tools to process data, carry out research and report findings
c) Research and referencing
- use online and offline research skills including websites, textbooks and other printed scientific sources of information
- correctly cite sources of information
d) Instruments and equipment
- use a wide range of experimental and practical instruments, equipment and techniques appropriate to the knowledge and understanding included in the specification.